Saturday 6 October 2007

because I am a muslim

I do what I do because I am a Muslim
I feel what I feel because I am a Muslim
I think what I think because I am a Muslim
I choose to be what I am because I am a Muslim
I make decisions based on my hereafter
why ?
because I am a Muslim
you wonder why I do not swear ?
you wonder why i do not retaliate to your nasty words?
you insult me
I choose not to
because I am a Muslim
I have the truth
so why do I need to behave lower then you ?
when I can convey my truth to you
it is
through the best of my actions
through the best of my words

4 comments:

Um Naief said...

very good poem. i have a poem that is about religion, but more about questioning the differences between christianity and islam.

let me ask you... did you tell me that you had another blog? i cant remember who said this to me... and i was thinking it was you.

Anonymous said...

Really lovely poem, and filled with truth, O Muslim.

Ya Haqq!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I know this is only a poem...but why do you want to be known only as a Muslim? Why not a human being first? Should you always have to be defined by religion? If a non-muslim was in pain, would you go and help him or her? Would you protest against an execution of child happening in Iran?

poetic muslim said...

well because being a muslim has shaped in to a better a person , Islam has made me in to a compassionate person , because I am a muslim , not to say that their are not others out their who are not muslim , but are still compassionate . But the person I am to day I was not before , why ? because I learnt who god was , and then from their I changed , so I the person I am to day is because I am a muslim .
yes I would help someone who is not muslim , if we are not brothers and sisters in faith , we brothers and sisters in mankind :)
execution in Iran ? well the iranian regime is messed up , ( I was born in iran , funny you mention it )