Wednesday 4 July 2007

My rant on death

Asalam alaykum .....Is it normal to always think about death? ever since I turned 20 since then I don't remeber a day that went by without me contemplating death ...I'm so scared Allah wont be happy with me ...at the same time I think how wonderful it would be if I had a wonderful death .A friend of mine and I were discussing the jenazah I said how I don't care how many people do not turn up to my occasions BUT PLEASE TURN UP AT MY FUNERAL ! that's how much it means to me .Its come to a point in my life that I really don't care about what happens to me in this world , yeah I make dua for the best , my main worry is when I die ...in reality that's true success ...in fact we REALLY are just travellers in this world . So I really don't understand why people choose to dwell in their problems.Its just so not worth it .
So does anyone get stressed about dieing like I do ? or is it just me because I do feel it's just me ...whenever I try to talk about it, people don't seem interested . What I don't understand don't people notice that this world is REALLY nothing ? or is it just me ...I really do wonder .I just cant see what they see . I've noticed the obvious you finish one problem in your life then Allah brings another , so is this world really worth crying about ? I really wonder . Being positive, stay smiling no matter what the situation may be and inshallah we'll get through this world just fine :) inshallah . Just remember we really are just guests , were just going to be here temporarily , so don't get upset about it like its forever because its not !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is this dua'a of the Prophet (peace be upon him) that says,
"O Allaah, by Your knowledge of the Unseen and Your power over Your creation, keep me alive for as long as You know life is good for me, and cause me to die when You know death is good for me. O Allaah, I ask You to make me fear You in secret and in public, and I ask You to make me speak the truth in times of contentment and of anger. I ask You not to let me be extravagant in poverty or in prosperity. I ask You for continuous blessings, and for contentment that does not end. I ask You to let me accept Your decree, and for a good life after death. I ask You for the joy of seeing Your face and for the longing to meet You, without going through diseases and misguiding fitnah (trials). O Allaah, adorn us with the adornment of faith and make us among those who are guided. Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds."

The part where it says 'make me fear you in secret and in public' says to me that we should speak of death for fearing death is fearing Allah.

Nice rant!:)

poetic muslim said...

Thank you for that it really made me feel better ! :) I shall learn it inshallah ,may allah make me learn it easily .ameen.

sensible girl said...

It's like you knew what I was thinking, in the past year my MIL, elder BIL's wife and my FIL, have all passed away. So I worry how my death would be and my stay in the grave would be like too.
try to talk about it, people don't seem interested .


" What I don't understand don't people notice that this world is REALLY nothing ? or is it just me ...I really do wonder .I just cant see what they see ."

My thoughts are similar to yours, I feel shaytan has shut the eyes of the people, so that we do not see the reality of this world.
People get so wrapped in this world this dunya is nothing but a big vacuum, it sucks you right up. The best is to stay far from it. Constant reminder is necessary.
Thanks for the reminder