Thursday 5 July 2007

misreable

I often see people with miserable faces
each one with a different story
it seems to me people go through their whole life
collecting their miserable emotions
bottling them up in a jar
tightening so tight
to the extent theirs no room for forgiveness
no room to just let go
I wonder if these people would take a second
to be just merciful to themselves
then to others
open that jar full of so much misery and pain
and ask yourself
do I really need this ?!
I chose to be miserable for ten or twenty years
carrying around the bitterness in my fine line wrinkles
If only I was wise enough to just forgive
I could have
lived in the present
instead I chose to live in the past
I spent all those years miserable
being angry and bitter
all I had to was let go
the jar is indeed full of anger
pain
sadness
bitterness
If only I had filled them with positive emotions
Now there you are looking in the jar
deciding were to start
childhood memories?
adulthood memories ?
oh how hard it really is
I suppose one can start with forgiveness
Then the rest will take a step by step journey within myself
you owe it to YOURSELF
It will be hard emptying that jar that you have carried with you for so many years
In the end it will be worth it
you will be rewarded for it
having a smiling face is loved by Allah
frowning isn't!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I wonder if these people would take a second to be just merciful to themselves"

Good sentiment sister. Sometimes we forget to make dua'a for ourselves. We often become so wrapped up in our emotions that we forget there is a way out.

O Allah, I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, fom being overcome by debt and overpowered by others.

Unique said...

BEAUTIFUL POEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Well done sis, keep the great work up!