Friday 3 August 2007

I look into the mirror

I look into the mirror
the mirror never lies
I see two sad eyes
trying to be happy

I look into the mirror
the mirror never lies
I see a guilty face
trying t make things right

I look into the mirror
the mirror never lies
I see a broken heart
trying to mend itself with a needle and a thread of
'I am sorry'

I look into the mirror
the mirror never lies
I see a lost soul
not sure which road to choose

I look into the mirror
the mirror never lies
I see eyes that want to cry
but the taps refuse to open

I look into the mirror
the mirror never lies
I see a confused soul asking why ?
and how did I get myself here ?

I look int0 the mirror
the mirror never lies
I see a brave face trying to stay strong
refusing to give into madness

I look into the mirror
the mirror never lies
each time I take a look
my feelings along with myself
struggle on a daily basis
with her thoughts and feelings

I give myself a hug of reassurance
YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE
theirs other's just like you ..
making similar journey's
feeling similar struggles

10 comments:

Imene said...

YOU'RE not the only one*

poetic muslim said...

thank you , thats reassuring to know .

Anonymous said...

I was googling, exactly, "never look into the mirror". Your poem came up at the top of the list. I think it's wonderful that happened. This poem isn't good. A poem is not a mirror. It's meat torn from bone. The sentiment is beautiful though, and I wonder about a life led without ever glancing into a mirror. It would be a happy one I bet.

poetic muslim said...

anon- what do you mean a poem isn't a mirror ?

thanks for your honest comment :)

Anonymous said...

First off, I'll apologize because I'm a huge asshole. And a terrible poet, which frustrates me. I do maintain that a poem is not a mirror however- meaning that I don't think a poem should read like a diary or journal entry. Filled with "I"'s. It shouldn't be so specifically personal. A poem shouldn't be constrained by vanity. But again, this is only me venting my frustrations about being unable to practice what I preach.

poetic muslim said...

I can see what you are saying , and your entitled to your own opinion , I try not to make it apparent to the reader that the poem is about me , but I can't help it , poetry for me is very relieving . I also want to write poetry to get a point across about society and how sick I am off it .
what do you mean I you dont practice what you preach ? we all go through weakneses at times , it is about battling them out with ourselves , perhaps , I know this the right thing to do , But I am just not strong enough to practice it ?
But one day I hope to be , what I preach ? be honest with your self , and humble your self with the people .

Anonymous said...

What I meant is that I get frustrated with myself for being unable to practice what I preach. You're right, we are all entitled to our own opinion. Your reasons for writing are good ones, and I can tell by the honesty with which you write that you have a good heart. I wish I could be honest like that. Again, I apologize for sounding like a prick. Have you written many poems?

poetic muslim said...

no need to apologize and you shouldn't put yourself down .
yes this is my whole poetry blog , I'm a muslim so be prepared for a lot of allahs name in it, just go to the archive section . I have another blog , but thats mainly about my life issues ,

www.confusedaboutlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

If you are not confused about life, then you haven't tried it yet.

poetic muslim said...

I don't understand what do you mean ? tried what yet ?