Sunday 5 August 2007

My character

I have made a vow to Allah
that I will work on my character till I die

I will struggle with it
I will climb the ladder
then fall
then pick myself up again
I may fall fifty times
in my attempts to perfect my character
but eventually
I will get to the end of the tunnel
for Allah loves who struggle
don't give up
I keep telling myself
don't stop caring about your character

Allah loves those who try to perfect it
clean it
wipe it
shine it
sparkle it
even the most unattractive faces
become beautiful with a shining character .

3 comments:

Shahrazad said...

In heaven, all people who had good characters in this life, will be beautiful inside out. Difficult to be? Allah loves those who try.. :)

Safiya Outlines said...

This poem sums up exactly how I feel.

Masha Allah for your words!

Nussaibah said...

just be like you are and not somebody else...