Thursday 14 June 2007

Locked Door

In all the sea of my emotions
That i fight every day
with myself

I know i need to open the door
with the key that sits in my hand
I look through the keyhole
their i see

A beam of light that's so bright inviting me
calling me to peace
telling me i am what you have been looking for
your hopes
your dreams

I try to open the door with the key
the door refuses to open
I push
I try
Still it refuses to budge

I realise then , the only way this door of light is to open
The state of my heart must change
for my heart is the key to that door
the key will only work in accordance with me

So i sit leaning against the door with the key in my hands
asking Allah to help me change my state
For the time being am just looking through the keyhole
looking and seeing whats awaiting me

Its up to me to change
if i don't
Then i am forever leaning against that door
with the key sitting in my hand
while the light shines on the other side

No comments: